- Biddle, P. (2017, July 05). AI is Making it Extremely Easy for Students to Cheat. Wired. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://www.wired.com/story/ai-is-making-it-extrem...
- Brown, B. (2014). As Demands on Teachers Mount, More Time in School Helps Strengthen Instruction. National Center on Time and Learning. Retrieved October 26, 2017, from www.timeandlearning.org/sites/default/files/resources/timeforteachers_pressrelease_05_14_14.pdf.
- Bruno, P. (2015, October 09). How People Learn: An Evidence-Based Approach. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://www.edutopia.org/blog/how-people-learn-evi... Edutopia. George Lucas Educational Foundation
- Cullinan, B. (2000). Independent Reading and School Achievement. School Library Media Research, 3. Retrieved July 07, 2017, from http://www.ala.org/aasl/sites/ala.org.aasl/files/c...
- Kaufman, S. B. (2017, July 24). Schools Are Missing What Matters About Learning. Retrieved August 03, 2017, from http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017...
- Strauss, V. (2017, July 17). Why This Superintendent is Banning Homework - And Asking Kids to Read Instead. The Washington Post. Retrieved from http://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/answer...
- Yuhas, D. (2014, October 02). Curiosity Prepares the Brain for Better Learning. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/curiosi...
- Cozolino, L. (2013, March 19). Nine Things Educators Need to Know About the Brain. Greater Good Magazine, Science Based Insights for a Meaningful Life. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/nine...
- Deans for Impact (2015). The Science of Learning. Austin, TX: Deans for Impact.
- Jensen, F. E., & Nutt, A. E. (2016). The Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist’s Survival Guide to Raising Adolescents and Young Adults. New York: Harper.
- Jukes, I., McCain, T. D., Crockett, L., & Prensky, M. (2010). Understanding the Digital Generation: Teaching and Learning in the New Digital Landscape. Thousand Oaks, CA: Co-published with Corwin, a SAGE Company.
- Christakis, E. (2017). The Importance of Being Little: What Young Children Really Need from Grown Ups. New York: Penguin Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
- Duback, A., & Cornish, A. (Writers). (2017, August 03). Vermont Medical School Says Goodbye to Lectures [Radio series episode]. In All Things Considered. Charlottesville, Virginia: National Public Radio.
- Levine, M. (2013). Teach Your Children Well: Parenting for Authentic Success. New York: Harper Perennial.
- Lythcott-Haims, J. (2016). How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success. New York: Saint Martin’s Griffin.
- November Learning. (n.d.). Retrieved August 03, 2017, from http://novemberlearning.com/
- Sizer, T., Meier, D., & Sizer, N. F. (2013). The New American High School. John Wiley & Sons.
- The Works of John Dewey
- Young, J. R. (2017, July 11). How Childhood Has Changed (and How That Impacts Education) - EdSurge News. Retrieved August 03, 2017, from http://www.edsurge.com/news/2017-07-11-how-childh...
Community & Relationships
- Jones, D. E., Greenberg, M., & Crowley, M. (2015). Early Social-Emotional Functioning and Public Health: The Relationship Between Kindergarten Social Competence and Future Wellness. American Journal of Public Health,105(11), 2283-2290. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/full/10.2105/...
- Kraft, M. A., & Rogers, T. (2015). The Underutilized Potential of Teacher-to-Parent Communication: Evidence from a Field Experiment. Economics of Education Review. Retrieved July O5, 2017, from http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/todd_rogers/files/empirical_in_press.kraft_rogers.pdf.
- Kuhl, R. (2017, June 16). The Six Relationships That Characterize Great Schools. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/learning_deeply/2017/06/the_six_relationships_that_characterize_great_schools.html. Weblog Post
Future of School & Work
- Axios. (n.d.). Retrieved August 04, 2017, from http://www.axios.com/
- Bromley, A. E. (2017, September 12). The College is Changing How Students Engage in Their Learning. Retrieved October 12, 2017, from http://www.news.virginia.edu/content/college-chan...
- Carey, K. (2016). The End of College: Creating the Future of Learning and the University of Everywhere. New York: Riverhead Books.
- Cookson, P. W., Jr. (2017, October 10). 10 Disruptions That Will Revolutionize Education. Retrieved October 10, 2017, from http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2017/10/11/10-d...
- EAB, (2017, August 23). Retrieved September 09, 2017, from http://www.eab.com/ The First Skill I Look For In My Employees, According to 11 CEO’s
- Goodman, M. J., Sands, A. M., & Coley, R. J. (2015, January). America’s Skills Challenge: Millennials and the Future (Rep.). Retrieved September 23, 2017, from The ETS Center for Research on Human Capital and Education website: www.ets.org/millennials
- Herold, B. (2017). Facing An Uncertain Future. Education Week, 37(06), 3-6. Retrieved October 12, 2017, from http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2017/09/27/the-f...
- Miller, C. C., & Bidgood, J. (2017, July 31). How To Prepare Preschoolers for an Automated Economy. The New York Times. Retrieved July 31, 2017, from http://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/upshot/how-to-p...
- Palmer, A. (2017, January 12). Lifelong Learning is Becoming an Economic Imperative. The Economist. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/2171...
- Wagner, T. (2012, August 14). Re: Graduating All Students Innovation Ready [Web log comment]. Retrieved July 05, 2017, from http://www.tonywagner.com/tonys-latest-ed-week-commentary-graduating-all-students-innovation-ready-now-available/
Diversity & Inclusion
- Davidson, M. N. (2012). The End of Diversity as We Know it: Why Diversity Efforts Fail and How Leveraging Difference Can Succeed. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler.
- Jonathan Haidt, The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom. (2006) New York: Basic Books
- Jonathan Haidt , J. Patrick Seder , and Selin Kesebir , “Hive Psychology, Happiness, and Public Policy,” The Journal of Legal Studies 37, no. S2 (June 2008): S133-S156.
- Page, S. E. (2008). The Difference: How the Power of Diversity Creates Better Groups, Firms, Schools, and Societies. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Thinking Deeply About Difference: The Professional Approach to Diversity in Schools. (2014, May 19). National Association of Independent Schools.